Chester-Delaware County Farm Bureau
County News & Events
The CDCFB Board of Directors, on behalf of their 7,651 members, are proud to announce the following 2014 Scholarship winners:Taylor Edgington, from Octorara High School, a $1,000 scholarship to attend Delaware Valley College, to study Veterinary and Equine Breeding.
- Katie Jordan, from Upper Darby High School, a $1,000 scholarship to Penn State University to study Earth Science and Policy Environmental Law.
- Austin Dando, Henderson High School, a $1,000 scholarship to attend Penn State University to study Bio-Renewable Systems.
- Natalie Burgos, from Owen J. Roberts High School, a $1,000 scholarship to Cornell University to study Sustainable Agriculture.
- Alexandra Adams, Marple Newtown High School, a $1,000 scholarship to The University of Delaware to study Agriculture Education.
- Corinne Militana, Avon Grove High School, a $1,000 scholarship to Delaware Valley College to study Large Animal Science/Pre Veterinary.
- Katharine Sharon, $1,000 to Virginia Tech, for continuing studies in Large Animal Veterinary
Safety Contests’ Winners
Congratulations to the Chester Delaware County Farm Bureau winners in the Safety
Alex Del Vacchio, first place; Harvey Reyburn, second place.
Kevin Miller, first place; Kay Reyburn, second place.
Deanna Yarrish, first place; Sydney Yarrish, second place.
Gifts cards of $30 each were awarded to first-place winners and $20 each for the
SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Do you have a great picture of your farm, pets, animals, or kids?
Fight Cancer with Mushrooms
Eating common white supermarket mushrooms – from baby buttons to large stuffers – may help ward off breast cancer, suggests new research at the Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope in Duarte, CA.
Other Chester County Information:
- Chester County Dairy Data Sheet (pdf)
- Chester County Farming Facts (pdf)
- Lyme Disease Survey Results (pdf) - Lyme disease is a tick-born bacterial infection that can be transmitted to humans and pets by infected ticks. In 2007, Pennsylvania was second only to New York with 3994 reported Lyme disease cases. Full article (word doc)
Submit County Farm Bureau Information
(subject to approval by webmaster)